dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shecky, Aug 13, 2007.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

another reason the hollywood machine is just, well, bad.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9638

"Bloody-Disgusting learned this weekend that Universal Pictures has officially begun casting for Jurassic Park IV, which will film in Kauai, Hawaii later this year! . . . We're told that the film is about the government who has trained dinosaurs to carry weapons and use them for battle purposes."

this movie might just be so bad it skips horrible and goes right to extraordinary.*

*assuming this rumor is true of course

2. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

If it's executed right this has a chance to be good. That chance being about 1%

BUT

Get an indy writer and give him a low budget. He will do well with it.

Hollywood would just go wild with a hundred million dollar budget and try to spend it all to make it look as scary and explosive as possible.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Dinosaurs with laser beams?... heck yes! lol

I'd probably wait for the dvd tho. ;)

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I think when you're talking about dinosaurs you have to use the word "train" pretty loosely. Some of them might be smarter than an iguana, but I don't think they would be much more trainable.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm sorry, but if you already have dinosaurs on your side, aren't the lasers a bit superfluous?

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Jurassic Park - great book from the learly 90s; 95% of characters perish

Jurassic Park - great movie that blurred the line between animatronic and CGI; only a handful die

Jurassic Park: Lost World - book with an awesome continuation of a stunted story; more gore and death

Jurassic Park: Lost World - movie that hacked the book to pieces and added an ending that made no sense; not enough people die and the annoying actors deserved it; "The Fly" cant even save this picture

Jurassic Park 3 - not even a book to pull a decent story from, it uses dinosaurs not seen in JP2 but were mentioned in the book and if you played any arcades back in the day, the "Invisible" dinosaur was in the arcade shooter machine; piece of crap with even worse actors than before; not even bringing back Dr Grant can save this picture

JP4 - are you freaking serious?

All the while Michael Chrichton says "That's Chrichton with a CH, and add another zero please, thanks"

Just let the franchise die. The 90s were a great time for Dinos, kids like me had that strange young fascination with them. But today, if they dont have laserbeams on their heads, its another yawn fest.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

nah! lasers make the dinos that much more effective. besides, the dinosaurs may appreciate the extra shizzle.

8. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

9. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

you mean Thousands :rolleyes: Lazers :D what ever next, dinosaur 's in space

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

You just revealed the plot to JP5. Thanks for ruining the surprise!:mad:

;)

11. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Dude I thought this was going to be some rant about Austin Powers and Dr. Evil's new beasts -- upgraded from the sharks with frikin' laser beams.

Wouldn't a dinosaur already be pretty much unstoppable without the laser beam?

12. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Mmm Sharks with lazers , o goody Jaws 5 ?

13. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

If there aren't any rocket launchers, I ain't buyin'!

14. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'd much rather see this get made :D. I'd pay to see that.

Could be nice if they stick to a pulp feel and don't try to spice it up for the 21th century.

Attached Files:

15. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Maybe they can only train herbavore-osaurs and they had to add the lasers to make them scary.

16. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

17. zflauaus macrumors 65816

They stole the storyline from Nanosaur 2. Now all they need are wormholes that you can travel through space and time in and it'll be total ripoff! :cool:

Seriously though, let it die. It's done enough damage with JP3.

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

That looks fantastic. I'd rather see that than another Jurassic Park sequel, to be quite honest.

19. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Actually -- the premise of Micheal Crichton's book (remember that, before there were movies?) is that some dinosaurs were warm-blooded (or semi warm at least) and that enabled larger brains and more intelligence -- which is what led to the velociraptors hunting in packs and employing communication and strategy.

20. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Yeah, I guess you could never trust a carnivore-saur...no trainer would be alive after the first session.

21. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

There was an 80's toy line that was like that.

You had big dinosaurs with holes to attach guns, missles, radar etc, and each dinosaur had a little rider figure that sat it a "techno" pod thingy.

Not as good as Zoids though.

22. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Jurassic Park (the original film) is actually one of my favorite movies of all time. It's really sad to see how the Jurassic Park name/quality has declined over the years. The first movie/book was magical.

23. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

24. David G. macrumors 6502a

Yes!

Is Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes directing this? It seems so. Oh, to the OP, I think you forgot to put in that there will be a few transmogrifers, a radioflyer wagon, an a-bomb or two, and some deranged mutant killer monster snow goons.:D:D:D

25. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Yep, that was the toy line.

can't remember what it was called though.