Dinovo Edge Mac Ed. with Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by byocrysis, Jan 4, 2009.

1. byocrysis macrumors regular

byocrysis

I was just wondering if anyone owns the Dinovo Edge Mac Edition and has been able to successfully use it in Windows. My roommate received one for Christmas and I was thinking about getting one, but I play games on my mac using Vista, and a lack of compatibility would be a deal-breaker for me. I tried it on my system with Vista with no luck connecting it, so if you have been successful in doing this could you walk me through it please.

2. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

Try pluging your room mates diNovo into your Mac running Vista, it should work, all KB's, Mac or PC use the same basic electrical signals to comunicate to the computer. If you have any trouble try installing the Windows diNovo drivers.

3. byocrysis thread starter macrumors regular

byocrysis

This keyboard cannot be plugged in, it is bluetooth only

4. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

Well then sync it up to your mac for a while and see if it works with the Vista drivers.

Try these diNovo drivers http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/434/4742&cl=au,en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||pd

For other Logitech products they rolls up all product drivers for a line into a single driver, so if anything will work this will.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Well I haven't tested it. The keyboard will work; whether all the functions work is another question; it should though just be a matter of diNovo drivers and then switching the command/Start keys around...

6. byocrysis thread starter macrumors regular

byocrysis

Tried installing the drivers for the windows version. I as unsuccessful at pairing the dinovo edge mac ed. with vista via bluetooth. Vista can see the keyboard, but cannot pair with it. When I try to type in the pass key, I get about 4 numbers into it and it fails each time. Any ideas?

7. ctnguye3 macrumors member

I have the diNovo Edge and am also having problems connecting it, as soon as I try to type the passkey, the connection fails, and won't pair (This only happens under Windows, everything works great under Mac), Anyone know the solution to this problem? Or what I'm doing wrong?

8. umgoblue2008 macrumors regular

umgoblue2008

When you run the bluetooth connect (in the control panel, search bluetooth), instead of pairing it right away, right click on the icon of the keyboard, then under the services tab, check the "Drivers for mice, keyboard etc (HID)", then click ok and it should look for drivers. After that installs your keyboard should work. Hope this helps.

9. cubby03 macrumors member

I was just going to bump this thread asking as I just setup Bootcamp to game on my Mini and have been having issues with this. Will try this out, thanks a bunch!

10. kha0s macrumors member

kha0s

I've successfully got my "diNovo Edge Mac Edition" working under WinXP SP2 with the instructions provided on this thread. Nonetheless, no matter how hard I try, there's no apparent way to get a "passkey enabled" connection. Has anyone managed to get a "passkey enabled" bluetooth connection under Windows? Starting to suspect that's simply not possible....

Thanks

11. hagure macrumors newbie

I had problems with this fix at first.

I have long been using the keyboard for my mac, and when after I clicked on the checkbox in the Win7 Bluetooth settings, nothing happened (no driver install or anything, it would just add the keyboard to my devices).

After a little bit a googling, I found that I had to unpair the keyboard in osx first. After doing so, doing the aforementioned fix worked perfectly. I know the trackpad, mouse keys, power key, & volume slider works, didn't try the other stuff yet.

Thanks!

Specs:

MBPro 2.6ghz (Late 2007) 4ghz ram

OS: Triple booted OSX 10.6.4, Windows 7 32-bit through bootcamp (whatever the latest version as of now), Ubuntu 9.10