direct fufillment or stalk att

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ceiph, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ceiph macrumors regular

im just wondering if anyone else is determined to stalk att for walk ins. ive heard conflicting reports that they may get them but im unsure. is anyone else doing the stalking thing or should i just say screw it and order the phone

2. nerd macrumors member

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I'm stalking as I know the moment I place a Direct Fulfillment order that I will suddenly get the option to purchase one as a walk in as per Murphy's Law...

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

I DFed it last night. Im tired of the driving/calling.

Its more worth my time to sit at home and click 'Track' 6 times a minute :)

ha

for real though, ill get mine probably before a stalker will @ att.

5. ceiph thread starter macrumors regular

kgeier82 thats sad but true but i cant have the idea going through my head that itll take 2-3 weeks or what ever the quote is.

6. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

It sounds like ALL iPhones will be used for DF orders first. I finally broke down after going to 3 ATT stores and my local Apple store. You can still be just as obsessive as stalking by checking order status every 3.5 mins, but you won't use up all your gas. :)

Good luck to all you stalkers, I hope you find one some way or another. (Just not before I get mine) ;)

7. l3lack J4ck macrumors member

i ordered my direct fullfilment on Monday (July 20) and recieved it today. Only took 2 days which is far better than stalking.

got my new 16gb in my hands :)

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Well most AT&T stores are saying that they will not be selling phones until they are done with DF orders.

If they are quoting 10-21 days for DF orders... you probably won't be able to buy an iPhone from AT&T till mid-late August, imo.

9. LeMaestro macrumors newbie

I was #7 in line on launch day at my local AT&T store. Got black 16GB because they had no white. I told them how disappointed I was and that I would be returning it for a white.

I stalked the store for 4 days and finally returned the black and DF for the white.

I ordered a 16GB White on 7/16 from my local AT&T store. It Shipped by priority overnight (at no charge to me) on 7/18 and I had it in my hand 3 days later on 7/19. I had been told 10-21 days so I am really impressed with this turnaround time. I even got Saturday delivery. I don't know how this happened so fast but I am really impressed that it did.

AT&T credited my account for the $30 re-stocking fee. They have been helpful and upstanding beyond belief. I am so happy I decided to DF