Direct Fulfillment being Fulfilled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhightinPhils26, Jul 15, 2008.

1. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

According to my source at my local at&t store, anyone who ordered the phones on launch day after they were sold out should start getting the calls that the phone is in stock in the next day or two.

This is great news for a lot of people! ;)

2. WoodwardsFriend macrumors member

I ordered mine on Saturday morning so I'm not sure where that puts me in the supply pipeline but it's good news. However even if my phone arrives today, I'm still upset that ATT and Apple did such a piss-poor job providing fullfillment information. The sales rep told me they were "shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday", the email said backordered, the ATT fullfillment page went back and forth between backordered and not backordered, the CSR on the phone said she didn't have the foggist idea when the phone would arrive. I knew I wasn't going to have a phone in hand last weekend and that was fine. It will be a cold day in hell before I wait in line for something that isn't in finite supply. But give me a realistic timeframe for delivery. Considering they already have my money it is quite literally the least they can do.

3. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

To their defense they say they don't charge your card until the order is shipped... if you see the charge then you are in good shape!

4. mothergoose45 macrumors member

I went to my AT&T store an hour ago to ask when my phone would be there being they told me today at the lastest. They asked my name and went in the back. They said mine wasnt in but they had gotten a few in for people in front of me. Hopefully I will get mine in the next couple of days.
    Ordered 8 GB.

5. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

This is great! A good question would have been to ask if anyone ordering a 16GB got it.

6. btcutter macrumors 6502

keep people updated.

Ordered 16gb white on 7/11 4pm. Shipped and due for arrival tomorrow at 3pm. I think I was #27 at the local store who ordered. 1st batch of 15 sent out yesterday and 2nd batch today.

good luck!

7. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

DF - Should have done this DAYS ago...

I hate lines, I hate hype. I like to place an order for a product via a web browser.

Given the existing BS that is going on at Apple stores with hours long lines and ATT stores with NO product to sell, I decided to walk into an ATT store an order my iphone...which I did today. In fact, I ordered 3 phones, one for me, one for the wife...who was with me and one for my son who was asleep at home. ATT took my order...actually 3 individual orders. All 16Gb units. It took 15 minutes and no lines. I was told to expect the phone in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Cool. :cool: No problemo. FINALLY a Bullsheet-free process. Yes, it is not perfect but it is the best that Apple and ATT could muster in a stupid situation they, themselves, created.

Note: ATT will not charge my credit card until the products have shipped. Cool.
    :cool:

8. scottpw25 macrumors newbie

does that mean that they are not updating the order status on the webpage because I did a direct fulfillment on Friday morning at 9am and it still says "back ordered"..however the AT&T rep said it was shipped yesterday..though I can't trust that...
    I did the freight option because they didn't tell me I had other options.

9. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Well its technically illegal in some states if they charge your card when a item is backordered ;)

10. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

I just got my notification that it is being shipped as well. But guess what, I already got my 16gb the day after in an Apple store.

So...I am selling my on EBay for 800+, which will pay for the iPhone itself!

Ship date
    Jul 15, 2008
    Estimated delivery
    Jul 16, 2008 by 3:00 PM

11. brianld macrumors member

brianld

FWIW - I ordered a 16gb Black on Friday in the store. Showed as backordered all weekend long & just shipped earlier today.

Not sure if that helps anyone, but it's a small confirmation that there must be a few 16gb Black's being shipped ...

12. omgmelinda macrumors member

Same situation for me. First to get DF at store but paid 15 bucks for priority shipping because lady working said that was the top shipping option. So order status says backordered. How can I expect to recieve it within next 2 days if it has yet to even ship? I complained n manager said "ohh well the lady who checked you out should gave u overnight. Best I can do is a 25 gift card."

13. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

If this is the case, then the order status page is meaningless. I was charged yesterday and it still says backordered. I ordered Friday around 1pm.

14. scottpw25 macrumors newbie

ATT is absolutely WORTHLESS.

Last night I checked on the status of my direct fulfillment with AT&T customer service and the lady told me it shipped yesterday 3pm... Today, since the webpage is still telling me it is backordered, I called again and this rep told me that it had not shipped and was on back order!!! "The iphone is sold out and it looks like your phone is still on back order..it should ship in another 5-7 days."

I asked her why the last rep told me that it had already shipped...
    her answer.. " I don't know...do you need anything else?".

I ordered mine early Friday morning too..you can't trust any rumors or even any official AT&T customer service rep assuring you that it has shipped.

15. PhoenixFactor macrumors member

I ordered a black 16GB at an AT&T store yesterday. They told me 10-21 days. I hope it comes in less because I leave for vacation in 20 but i figured I'd take a shot. Is there a way to track your iphone order from AT&T? How fast have these been coming in?

16. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

You can't blame AT&T for this... They don't make the device.

17. scottpw25 macrumors newbie

i'm not blaming at&t for the phone shortage..not at all, just the way that they are handling everything and the fact that I have been getting conflicting reports about direct fulfillment status means that they are not prepared.

You still can't call a local AT&T store because it routes your call to the national line and I live 70 miles from the store...hard to visit.

18. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

2 friends of mine that did this received their phones yesterday and today so they are coming in :)

19. SChaput macrumors regular

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status

20. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

21. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

I want to shoot myself in the foot. Like its only the first full day of waiting and I cannot wait. There is just so many apps that I want to buy and try. And I am stuck with a free flip phone for 14 to 21 days.

22. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Went into the store Wednesday to order mine... they estimated 7-21 days... I hope it comes soon :(

I'm getting the 16GB Black... w00t.

23. Jeff321 macrumors member

Ordered 16GB-black Friday morning from AT&T store that was already sold out. I was told 4-5 days. It arrived yesterday (Wednesday), so 5 days including the weekend. I honestly didn't believe their estimate but it was correct.

The email said they will contact me to set up a time, but they didn't call so I called them instead and they confirmed it was there and told me to come in any time. I went in and got it earlier today. One interesting thing is it seemed to ship individually in its own box. They opened it in front of me. I figured they'd send a bunch together at once. But it doesn't really matter since they of course didn't charge for shipping.

24. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I ordered on Sunday (16GB black) and I am getting "10-21 days" from AT&T. :( The local Apple store is also sold out of all phones!

25. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

I ordered mine tuesday and they were confident with the 7-10 but couldn't guarantee anything.