Direct Fulfillment... huh?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukefan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dukefan macrumors member

From Appleinsider:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._8_a_m__att_stores_7_a_m_for_iphone_3g_s.html

"The cellular carrier cautions that this isn't a raincheck and that those who pre-order will have to be in line if they expect a new iPhone on launch day.".

This surely has to be a misunderstanding. I ordered it, paid with *my* credit card, which will be charged when shipped. The AT&T store clearly said it would be there anytime with my name on it. In fact, the receipt says I have seven days to pick it up....

Why can't they settle on one, consistent story?

2. dagomike macrumors 65816

They're talking out of their asses again.

Obviously AT&T can't take your payment info, ship you an product, and then say sorry. If you pre-order you get an order and tracking info. You will be charged. You will have a phone waiting for you whenever you get there.

3. jgctx macrumors newbie

I went to the store to place my order for the 3gs today and mine is coming free for a lot of ATT issues, but here is the scoop.

it will come with you name on it when it arrives and you have 7 days to pick it up. So even if there is a line, you have one there with your name on it and no one can take it unless you dont claim for 7 days.

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Quoted for truth.