Direct Fullfillment availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big Pope Daddy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Big Pope Daddy macrumors member

So, we all know that the 16 gb white is going out the quickest. Which is next quickest? I would have considered the white (but probably would not have been as happy with white) if I knew I could have had it in two days versus still waiting for my black 8 gb one.

So, which is shipping out faster, the 8 gb black or 16 gb black?

I am hoping it is the 8. I am only on my 8th/9th day of waiting (ordered on 7/19). Checked my queue, and I show up at #30 (jumped up 20 + spots from yesterday morning) but I am really hoping that quite a few ahead of me are 16 gb ones. No way to tell that, is there?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

3. boogiemendoza macrumors newbie

8GB are shipping 1-2 days faster than Black 16GB

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

He's saying that orders for the white are being filled the fastest, not that there are more orders for white. :)

To the OQ, I believe the order is white, 8G, 16G black. HTH

5. Big Pope Daddy thread starter macrumors member

going out for direct fullfillment the quickest, aka, more available versus the black 16 gb.

Wanting to know which is "most backordered". 16 gb black or 8 gb black. The white 16 gb is easist to get at this point from what I have read.

6. philgilder macrumors 68000

i see, sorry
    no idea then, im in the UK and theres no pre-ordering to collect in store or anything...

yeah, 8gb is faster than 16gb black

7. Big Pope Daddy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, exactly what I have heard elsewhere from people I know, but want to know from people in the know instead!!!

That is why I joined here!!!

Sucks because if I woulda done some research, I coulda just picked one up at the apple store in town by now. It says they have some today, but when I called last night, they said no more until Monday at the earliest.