Direct TV App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pitt1717, Sep 4, 2008.

1. pitt1717 macrumors 6502

was just thinking how cool it would be to have this app. not for managing the account but for scheduling shows on he pvr. be a big help when away from home and just thought...... ahhh man, i forgot to schedule that show!!!!!!!

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Why not just use m.directv.com to schedule your recordings? It's fast and easy as hell.

3. slidetounlock macrumors regular

x2....

Also he wont do that because everyone on this board has to share their new best great app idea, that in reality is pure poo....

4. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry genius. didn't mean to come up with an idea that some may like. you must have thought it was ok since you clicked

5. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

Actually, your thread title lead me to believe an application had been announced, which is why I clicked on it. The following thread would have been more appropriate.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=519952&highlight=want

6. rizajj macrumors member

I totally agree. A DTV app would be great. the current mobile site does not take any advantage of the iPhone's capabilities. Even a specific website for iPhones would be useful. trying to do a DTV scheduled record via the current mobile site is not as easy as it should be. The scrolling channel line up on the non-mobile site is much better and could be adapted for the iPhone.

Then there's the idea that they could make a great app for the iPhone too. One that, when used at home (with a networked receiver) could be used to search the guide, change channels, manage recordings, etc. Basically another interface into your DVR/receiver without having to use the TV remote. This could be useful in SO many different places, especially in commercial establishments with multiple receivers.

7. slidetounlock macrumors regular

sorry genius but your idea sucks, along with half the other peoples 'great' ideas on this forum. Besides its been discussed everywhere, and quite frankly the mobile site is good....move along with your brilliant ideas please...

8. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

broadcast my recording so i can watch it anywhere on my iphone too...

9. rizajj macrumors member

wow what a dick. the mobile site is NOT great and there is plenty of potential for a good DTV app to be able to do a lot of things. See my above post. and stop trolling.

10. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

rizajj, thanks for the link. i actually visit that site quite often, but never thought to search there for an app. some good tips in that thread.

to the others who like it.... wow, those are some good ideas, didn't even think of that, just focused on recording

11. techievega macrumors newbie

Not much of an app....

A really sweet app will not only let you control your TV but it'll let you watch your TV. I have such app and I'm subscribed to DISH Network. I picked up a Sling Adapter from them and this lets me stream all my live programming and DVR recordings onto my iPhone and iPad. No matter where I am as long as I have high-speed internet then I can watch my TV whenever. I'm a gadget geek so I got a job with DISH Network's tech support department, boy am I glad I did otherwise I would be stuck being excited about this lesser app that Direct just barely released.:apple: