Directions needed in NYC to buy MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cosmos666, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Cosmos666 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Need some help from all you New Yorkers out there.
    Looking to buy a 15" MBP, 2.2 Ghz, with an antiglare screen.
    The Apple Store Soho only had the 2.3 Ghz which is even more expensive, already visited Best Buy who didn't have it either.
    Any other stores you could recommend me? I tried talking to the Apple Store salesperson to get an educational discount (also buying a MBA for my girlfriend, so all in all a lot of money), but no luck so far. So far all you NYC'ers out there let me know if you can help a Dutch guy out..!

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

If you want HRAG, then you have to pay up for the 2.3 as that is the only SKU they have in store stock. If you don't want to pay up, then you'll have to order it online.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm probably wrong about this (someone will correct me if this is so), but I was under the impression that upgraded or customized (e.g. non-glare screen) models are only available on-line.

I wanted a MP 15" with high res display, and when I called the store they told me I had to get it on-line as they only had stock models in the store.

Still, you might try getting the phone numbers of all the NYC stores and just call them all. You'll have no trouble getting to any store in Manhattan.

Enjoy your trip to NY!! It's a hell of a city. :D