Directv app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Nhott, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Nhott macrumors member

Does the Directv app work in the latest beta? My genie has been acting weird lately so I don't know if it's the genie or the app.

2. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

One has nothing to do with the other. The Genie is its own self contained unit. The DTV app allows you to have some interaction with the genie but shouldn't affect the unit.

What's your genie doing that had you concerned?

3. bmagsam0307 macrumors member

The Directv app hasn't worked correctly for me on any of the betas. I mean, it works fine for most of the needs, such as DVRing shows and what not. However, it is unable to connect to my receivers for things such as using the app remote control and stuff.

4. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Correct, mines done the same thing.

5. Nhott thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I was referring to the remote functions. It says it's connected but won't control the genie or client.

The genie itself sometimes doesn't respond for 20-30 seconds when changing the channel or bringing up the playlist using the directv remote.

Recently I have been watching a recorded program and then hit exit to go to live. When I return to my playlist my program is gone. There's plenty of free space so I have no clue why it does this. A reset every month or two helps.

It may be a hard drive issue. I believe when you do a reset It does a drive check.

Thank you for the replies regarding the app. Hopefully they get it working with ios8 when it goes public.