Directv Nomad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rans0m00, Oct 23, 2011.

1. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Just found this on the app store and it wont work on a jb'd phone. Was wondering if anyone knew a way around this?

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm looking too. I just posted in the iPad hacks forum a little while ago. Let's hope there's a way.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Fix found. Using iFile, go into library/preferences and find a plist that ends in xxxproduction.plist. Search on the term jailbreak. Savvy folks should be able to take it from there ;)

4. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

off to try this

I dont have anything that says production in that location so just ssh'd in and searching the entire phone.

5. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

After searching the entire phone for anything that had the word production in it... I came up with nothing. Can you give me the link where you found the solution or the full path?

6. scirica, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

If you haven't found the fix by googling, I'll post the exact instructions when I get home. Tested and it works!

Update: Go into the application. Then Library, then Preferences. You will see the plist to edit.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

This fix doesn't work on the new version. I just got directv and i got the new version of the app cause the old one isn't available anymore and forces you to update anyhow, and now I can't use it because I'm jailbroken. Nobody has found a way around this yet?

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

If I were a direct tv subscriber and couldn't use this program because of being jailbroken I would definitely make my voice heard and write a formal letter of complaint to the company. I'd give them the option to fix the issue or lose my business. Just sayin'. This is discrimination.

9. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

LOL, while I personally agree with you, your logic is unfounded. It's the same argument as "ATT doesn't have a right to prevent me from tethering, it's my unlimited data, I can use it how I want" ....

While in principle you're right, legally your wrong. When you enter into a contract, you're bound by the terms and conditions of the contract. On ATT's, they say the unlimited data is what can reasonably consumed ON the ATT device, and cannot be consumed on other devices through tethering.

On the DirecTV app, it's the same. You have a right to watch your programming as they say in the contract, and they cover themselves against hardware modification, as well as re-distribution.

Remember, it's not Directv you should be getting upset with, it's the major broadcast companies in this country that have the cable and satellite providers by the balls. It's such a shame that government subsidized broadcast television, and corporate greed from the production\distribution companies fight Directv (and you may remember the Time Warner App battle as well).

So rather than taking such an aggressive position against Directv, you should actually research the issue and realize that they're fighting on YOUR side, and that it's the broadcast companies who are controlling every aspect of how and where their product is distributed.

10. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

People love to hate on the service providers, because its so easy and it's who most of them deal with.

Sad to say that most of the actual problems that limit your TV viewing actually come from the content providers. They're the ones that need to change.

11. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

So I see the xCon from n00neimp0rtant is updated showing confirmed to disable the directv jailbreak detection, but I don't know how to use it:

/Layout/
    Makefile
    README
    Tweak.xm
    xCon.deb

How do I use this on conjunction with the DIRECTV app?