DirecTV Now app questions.

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by RobNYC, May 24, 2018.

1. RobNYC macrumors 6502

So since they updated the app on AppleTV with the DVR function, one thing I'm noticed is that when just watching a channel the screen goes black. You have to hit the menu button and then re-select the channel to get it to re-load and then the feed starts up again. Has this been happening to anyone else?

2. mg6035 macrumors newbie

Yes happens to me all the time. But only on ATV 4K. I also have just the ATV 4 and it doesn’t do it on that one.

3. RobNYC thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have the 4K Apple TV so it doesn't seem to be limited to that version.

4. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Yep! Happens periodically on 4 and 4k.

5. Coffee50 macrumors 6502

This happens to me occasionally on the 4K version.

When using the DVR, what's everyone's experience with resuming content? I've noticed most of the time, when returning to a recorded show that I've previously watched, it doesn't picked up where it left off. Instead, it starts the recording from the beginning.

Has anyone else noticed this or is there a solution?

6. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

This happens to me on my Verizon FIOS box. I have a 4K and use DTV NOW sometimes and haven't noticed it yet.

7. virtualking macrumors newbie

I am facing this problem frequelntly on 4 and 4k, I think someone have to find the solutionf or it quickly

8. RobNYC thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed that with DVR but I have had that issue with On Demand stuff. It will start me over from the beginning sometimes. Also, I had a show of which only 9 of a 30 minute show recorded the other day. I had to go onto the FXX app to watch the whole thing. Has anyone had problems of shows not being fully recorded?

9. Coffee50, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018

Coffee50 macrumors 6502

Yes!! I've had this happen a few times. Most recently, the other day. It recorded 12 minutes of one show & 7 minutes of another.

This doesn't happen all the time (it's random) but enough that it becomes a slight annoyance. I'm hoping this issue is resolved....

(I also have YTTV & I've begun recording the same show on both services just to have a backup, I prefer recording on DTVN because it allows you to record a single episode. YTTV adds the series & will record all upcoming episodes, but it at least records the entire allotted time .....)

10. RobNYC thread starter macrumors 6502

I also had the issue of it cutting out the last two minutes of a show. I think that was something people were complaining about in the beta testing. I realize DVR is still in beta so I guess these are just more bugs.

11. Mac 128 macrumors 603

Mac 128

This is happening to me too. 5-10 min. After tuning in to a show, the screen just goes black and stays that way until I exit and re-select.