Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Just signed up for Directv Now, and so far I am forced to sign in at least once daily, sometimes twice. I’m not exactly sure why it’s signing out. And neither are the directv support people. They’ve escalated my issue and are going to get back to me.

I also set DTVN as my provider in settings for single sign on, which some of the other apps use. But this didn’t seem to make a difference in the DTVN app itself.

I could probably live with the daily sign in, if it remembered my password, but having to retype my password each time is beyond unreasonable.

Anybody else having this issue? It’s hard to believe ATT is giving ATVs away with the service if customers have to log in multiple times a day.

SnacksGU

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2018
USA
Strange. Ive signed in about 3-4 times in 1+ years of service. I would delete the app and try again.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Strange. Ive signed in about 3-4 times in 1+ years of service. I would delete the app and try again.

Odd. I did delete and reinstall, and ended up being forced to sign in only a few hours later. Maybe I need to disable sleep? I’m not sure what would be causing it to logout.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Mine has been doing the same thing. I have to sign in daily. No idea why it just started.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
I had a similar problem with CBSAA after I first got the ATV 4K. As I recall, I had to do a factory reset on the ATV. But that was after I first got it. I wonder how much trouble I will have restoring it after 9 months of use?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I have three 4K Apple TVs and I get signed out of the app on all three sometimes, 2-3 times per week. That's a lot of times to have to login.

Now it appears that DirecTV Now is down as I can't access any channel on any of my Apple TVs and on the third, it's logged me out.

Logging into the website on my Mac just times out.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
This happens to me as well. Every other day or so, the app automatically signs me out & I have to resign in.

Not sure why, but this started happening more frequently about a week ago.

Hope this is resolved soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.