Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Also adding two new packages. For those of us already using DirecTV Now:

Current DIRECTV NOW customers will be able to keep their old packages but with a $10 a month price hike starting on their next bill. According to our sources as long as you stay subscribed, you will be able to keep your current DIRECTV NOW package. If you leave, you may not be able to resubscribe to the old DIRECTV NOW packages.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dir...e-10-a-month-next-week-launch-2-new-packages/

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
It's getting to a point that if someone wants cable, it's best just to use a local cable provider. I liked Directv Now when I took advantage of the Apple TV promo, but I dropped them for Hulu, but Hulu just raised their prices $5.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Had DirectTV NOW for 3 months for best deal ever. Haven’t seen it since, but they were giving a free Apple TV 4K (current generation) with 3 mo minimum subscription. Asked and minimum $40 plan qualified...sign me up! Rarely used it as primary is OTA. Did subscribe to Sling for ESPN during football season. T-Mobile provides Netflix (and blows ATT and Verison out the water when I am overseas with unlimited text/data at no charge). Had to go with Comcast/Xfinity online TV (DirectTV NOW competitor) as my internet only special expired and had to roll into this package cheaper than internet only at full price. Do recent having to pay the local broadcaster’s fee when the same is free and better OTA.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Looks like I get to keep my "Live a Little" 65+ channel package, at least for now. I'm not seeing a price increase yet either (currently $40/month).

But, wow! The new packages are more expensive and slash the channel line-ups. The new base package is $50, and has only 40 channels - the cuts including a few of the channels that keep me with Direct TV Now. To get back close to my current line-up, I'd have to go to the $93 package. If they force an "upgrade", they're going to lose a customer (not that AT&T cares about losing customers), because PS Vue has what I need for less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.