directx 9 problem running sims 2 in bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by caffeinesare, Dec 24, 2008.

1. caffeinesare macrumors newbie

hi i just got the brand new 15.4 in mac book pro. i have bootcamp installed with windows XP and have all of the expansions of sims 2 torrented. i tried to play it without the disc and all it says is something along the lines of "directx 9c cannot be found, please reinstall or update your drivers."

i have updated the drivers today for the nvidia 9600m gt video card, but for some reason still get this message. i dont think it is the directx either though because i checked in dxdiag and it recognizes that i have 9.0c and everything is enabled.

i have read up on many many forums of people wondering the same thing but no luck. i have done what maxis claims will work by moving the directx9 folder to somewhere in the sims folder. only thing i have yet to do is reinstall directx 9.0c, but i dont know if that would be a waste of time seeing that it knows i have the right version. any help pleeeease? :(

2. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

I recall having similar problems when i played the sims 2 on bootcamp with dx 9. unfortunately i don't recall how i solved them, but i do know that i was playing without a disc successfully. have you tried playing with the disc image mounted, or with a no cd crack (i believe i used these)

and of course if you don't get this one working sims 3 is on the way soon, but i'm sure that will unleash a whole new tree of problems.