Dirt/bubbles under glass?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by migsev, Feb 6, 2010.

1. migsev macrumors regular

There seems to be dirt or bubbles under the glass of my late 2008 15" MBP. Does my APP warranty cover this sort of thing? How is this sort of thing normally sorted out?

I have no idea how it got there. I was under the impression that the glass was sealed by the rubber on the sides of the screen. Also, it is even possible for the screen or the glass to bubble? I'm not 100% sure if its a bubble, but it seems like it has a bump with a visible surface.

Hope that makes sense.

2. Steve Jobs. macrumors regular

Your apple warranty cover all MANUFACTURING defects.

So if that dust was always there, then you can argue that it was an impurity in the screen and have it replaced before your warranty runs out.

If the dust under the screen got there as a result of use or abuse, then they will not cover it.

As always, take this post with a grain of salt.......call apple's customer service and find out what their policy is.

You actually should have done that before you even made this thread.

3. migsev thread starter macrumors regular

No, dust wasn't always there. Its a Sunday here and the APP hotline is closed so I can't exactly call.

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

they should cover it. it looks like there was a bad seal or somehing which should definitely be covered.