Dirt/Dust between glass and metal

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BarmyGnome, May 6, 2015.

1. BarmyGnome macrumors 6502

BarmyGnome

Has anyone else noticed trapped dirt/dust between the metal and the glass? Or am I just obsessing too much?

If anyone has noticed some are there any suggested ways of removing this?

Thanks

2. BiggiePhat macrumors regular

You mean around edges? I've noticed that on my SG watch. I don't think the glass reaches the edge of the case

3. BarmyGnome thread starter macrumors 6502

BarmyGnome

Yeah the edge, noticed it on my SG too.

4. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

I sent one in and the replacement I got has the same problem across the top edge. The glass doesn't sit on the metal across the top seam.

I think I'm just going to return the replacement. It's been way more work than it's worth for me.

5. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

isnt the watch rated as ipx7, so there hasnt anything said about dust... interesting, i wonder how well it is protected against dust. time will tell...

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

If you're talking about the small ridge between the glass and the case then I just tend to either use an air can or just run the corner of a post-it note around the ridge to clean it out.

The post-it note trick also works on iPhones etc, especially around the home button

7. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

My first watch that I thought had this turned out to be a legitimate issue with the screen separating from the watch body. Just keep an eye on it but I will say dust is common in between the glass and body, I had it on the original in addition to the replacement.