Dirty keyboards :(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gav, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Gav macrumors regular

I refurb PCs all the time, and almost all the PCs I refurb, have got USB ports.

Well anyway, I have this one PC on my desk at the moment, it has a USB port, but for some reason, doesn't properly support 'Legacy USB Keyboards'. This means that when I try and install Windows on this machine, the setup can't detect the keyboard.

Anyway, its a total oddball, so instead of my lovely black keyboard that I normally use for refurbing, I've had to dig out a PS/2 keyboard. This is the cleanest (out of my 'box of horrible keyboards) one I could find:

I'm glad I'm only installing Windows on it, I've sprayed it with disinfectant, but still...

Its amazing how keyboards get like this, I have a box of about 30 which are far worse than that one.

Makes you wonder what the previous owner of these keyboards did with them :eek:

2. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

3. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

4. Gav thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking more about some of the ones I didn't picture. Someone must have been lonely with high-speed internet if you catch my drift :eek:

5. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

Damn that is one sick looking keyboard !!!!

Im glad i got a blackbook because if i didnt i guarantee in a few years mine would look something like that...

6. 66217 Guest

If I am indeed understanding what you mean, I can only say: How disgusting, throw those keyboards away!!!:eek:

7. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Well, if he was doing the internet nasty, and he's probably right-handed, then the left side of the keyboard (ASDF) should be cleaner. :p

8. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

look on the keyboard, it looks like he didnt press the K and L buttons much, those two buttons look like they are the only clean buttons on the whole keyboard.