Dirty Screen, or defects?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecerealcommie, Sep 13, 2007.

1. thecerealcommie macrumors newbie

I have a MBP with the Matte screen, and I've got what appears to be a "dirty" screen that I can't seem to get clean. I've used those premoisted monitor wipes, and they seem to do a good job, so I'm wondering if this could be grime UNDER the screen somehow, or down deep in the matte finish, or if I just need to go out and buy this iKlean I keep reading about.

Thanks!

thecerealcommie

2. Cookiemonster macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

if you've wiped the screen several times and nothing is coming off, its probably within the screen...try playing around with different color backgrounds maybe that will help you out!

3. soccer1234 macrumors newbie

whats up thecerealcommie . I have those issues too. At first I thought it was water marks. On mine it almost looks like if you poured a little water on a piece of glass and let it dry without wiping it except I cant wipe it!

4. thecerealcommie thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a great way to describe it....I'm slightly upset, because this is the only problem with an otherwise perfect computer...

5. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I haven't had that problem with my MBP (thank God) but I did with a Sony VAIO I used to own.

I couldn't get it clean with anything.

Then I bought a THIN microfiber cloth from Staples I think (thin like a handkerchief). The fibers must be so small that it can get into the pores of the computer screen because when I rubbed it (and pressed it fairly hard) it cleared it up. I didn't use any liquids at all.

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I also had that on my samsung yellow screen my LG is perfect,