Dirty white 4S pics please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kawasakirider, Jan 31, 2012.

1. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I know this topic has been done to death, but I am specifically asking for examples of cruddy looking white 4/4s's.

The reason being is that I got a refurb 4 from apple yesterday, my provider rang me today and said they would wave my early termination fee and give me a better deal if I sign up for another 24 months and I'll get a 4S. I decided to go the 32GB 4S in white. After I ordered the white phone I started to look on the internet and found people complaining about the dirt that accumulates between the plastic border and the glass, as well as around the home button.

Could people post pics of how grubby these phones can look? I hope I haven't made the wrong decision.

Also, could someone tell me how much a pristine refurb that has been used for about 16 hours is worth? Still has the plastic on the back of it, NO scratches on the front. I'm in Australia and it's a 16GB 4 in black. I'll be selling it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I had the white iphone 4S since October. I don't see any dirt or grubs on my iphone 4S. The only way to get it dirty is if i you use it with your dirty hands which can then get caught around the home button and around the sides but other than that if your hand is clean then you should not worry.

I bet you that the White display model at the apple store are being touched by many customers who come visit the apple store. And yet they are very clean.

3. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

They do get noticeably dirty, but its fairly easy to keep them clean.

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

5. TechStooge macrumors member

u do realize its glass covering the white color.

6. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Nah mate, didn't realise that at all.... -.-

Car dashes still crack with the sun shining through the windscreen. No reason to believe a phone couldn't discolour.

7. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

There is still a small portion of open white plastic that shows around the border of the phone

8. bmacir macrumors 6502

9. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed, I wanna see what I'm getting myself into :(

10. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

What the hell are you talking about? I work in a factory and my white 4S doesn't get dirty, ever.

11. GoCubsGo, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't have any pics because my iPhone 4s was out of reach but this one time at nerd camp I put my iPhone 4s on vibrate and

nothing. Everyone knows that the white phone doesn't get dirty.

12. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Personally, I think you'll kick yourself if you burn a new 2 year contract on a mid cycle phone this far into the second year. A complete new model will be out this year, no doubt. Small wonder the carrier wants to cut you a deal on a new 2 year contract.

13. antman2295 macrumors 6502

My 4S doesn't get dirty. It's only Siri who likes to talk dirty ;). But seriously I haven't had any issues with dirt, only fingerprints on my screen.

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

It's not that it gets dirty its that the white pigment discolors under the glass.

15. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

My carrier will do the same in 12 months time.

16. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I keep reading these posts about dirty white iPhones but have yet to see a posted pic to back this up. I've had a white 4s since October and mine is easy to keep clean. In fact, I probably wipe it off less than the black one because fingerprints don't show as bad. Mine is usually in a case and I do use a Power Support crystal screen protector but I just looked at it again and there's no dirt around home button at all. I would think that if you wipe your screen daily (as anyone should considering the germs it collects) it will never be a problem. And I love the white. If there's a really dirty white phone out there, prove it with real pics!:cool:

17. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

I've had a white 4S since launch day on the 14th of October.

Still lovely and not grubby in any way :)

18. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. Anyone know of some nice bumpers that compliment the white? I have a black one at the moment, not so keen on using it for a white phone, though.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sticker type or actual bumpers? I think the blue and red would both look nice. Orange as well but not as nice as it looked on the black iPhone.

20. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know what you mean by "sticker type or actual bumpers". What I mean by a bumper is like a rubber/latex outer rim that stretches over the phone. Dunno if I'd be keen on those colours, I'm a guy, lol... Plus I am a kawasaki rider, couldn't put honda, yamaha or KTM colours on my phone ;)

21. Kyotoma, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I have a white iPhone 4 with a black bumper and in my opinion it looks awesome. I love the contrast that it makes.

[​IMG]
    Photo is from Apple's Website.

EDIT: To add a little to my post, I will say however that since having my iPhone and bumper since June(couldn't wait for the 4S since my 3GS broke), the rubber lip of the bumper on the front top left side of the bumper(by the headphone jack/secondary mic) has gotten completely stretched out and has started to fray. I wonder if Apple covers that in their 1 year warranty. Hmm.

22. PurrBall macrumors 65816

PurrBall

I like my orange one on white, looks like a creamsicle. The orange does get wicked dirty, though.

23. iBrody macrumors 6502

24. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Looks fantastic, although I kinda wanted something a bit squishy and with a tiny bit more meat on it. My old bumper has saved my phone HEAPS of times. My old IP4 was pristine for like a year, until about a week ago when I left it on the roof of my car. No case except for a defendor would have saved it, lol.

25. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Always crazy to me when this happens to people. Once I saw a lady leave her purse on the roof and was thinking "You know... I'm sure at one point throughout history there has been a parent who left their baby on the roof of the car too" :(