Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 10, 2002
Does anyone know how to prevent Acrobat (Professional 8) from asking to be the default PDF reader EVERYTIME it starts? You'd think there would be a preference setting somewhere but no.

Black Box

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2006
You too?

I'm having the same problem and its annoying as hell! I can't find a setting to turn off that default app check anywhere in Acrobat Pro 8. Everytime I open a file in Acrobat I have to say no to it. Why? Because I love Preview as the default, opens files in a fraction of the time it takes Adobe.

I'd uninstall the thing if it weren't for the fact I need Acrobat & the Pitstop Pro plugin to edit PDF files. This thread is from May - surely someones found a way to deactivate the default check?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
That must be all Adobe Readers going through an identity crisis of sorts. My Adobe Professional as well, has been doing the same and I eventually designated it as my default PDF reader, but yeah, it was a pain in the neck the past few weeks...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.