disable address/tab bar autohide?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Q-Dog, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

Am I overlooking a setting to disable the autohide thing in Safari? Got a new ipad air2 for the wife and this is quite annoying to both of us ... probably more annoying to me. Keeping my own ipad air 1 on ios7 until I can find the disable setting.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

No. That's how it works. There is no disable.

3. Q-Dog thread starter macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

Well, thats unfortunate. At least they still let us turn off autocorrect.

4. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

It sure is. I agree with you that it would be great if it was an option to turn it on/off but it's not (yet).

5. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

it is totally unnecessary in the bigger scree sizes of iphone 6/6plus/ipads
    i find it annoying as hell

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I'm glad that they added it to iPad, it annoyed me how it was always covering up so much content, even though iPad has a larger screen to accommodate. I even disabled the tab bar, I prefer to use JUST the new tab view, like on the iPhone. Again, the tab bar added to the annoying amount of room being taken up, and I sometimes would accidentally tap another tab, etc. Also, I think the new tab view looks nice, so I like that to be the only way I view my tabs. Feels less cramped and overwhelming when I have many tabs open as well. Too bad the pages reload so often on my iPad mini 2 that the previews don't always show.

If they took away the autohiding on the iPhone and iPad, I would be greatly irritated. One thing that bugged me about iOS 6 was the always intrusive UI on webpages. That's why I used Chrome back then. iOS 7, however, switched me over to Safari with it's favorites view, tab view, and receding UI. I have preferred it ever since, and have never looked back.

For now, you guys should send feedback to Apple, and/or jailbreak your devices just to disable this, I'm sure there's a tweak for it.

7. Jzo macrumors regular

I agree. I wish we could "pin" it.

8. Liam Steven macrumors regular

When viewing PDF's the bottom bar will not load and I have to press the top bar (which returns the document to page one) and this then displays the bottom bar so I can open a new tab, close the page etc

Very frustrating...