Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xwingsct

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I just got my Macbook the other day and so far loving it.
I have one question (for now anyway, I'm pretty there'll be plenty more)
When I insert the DVD it will start the auto play right away. I just want to rip the movie. How do I disable that feautre. thanks.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Go into preferences for DVD player and deselect the checkbox marked 'when disc is inserted start playing'. simple.

Welcome to Mac, and take advantage of the forums here for help. I would advise you to take a look at the preferences menus for most questions you have regarding problems/confusion you have, as they're usually pretty comprehensive.

picture1io6.png

Edit: 7on has good advice too :)

xwingsct

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks guys.
Yeah, I learn a lot of new stuff as I go along. I didn't know that if you want to delete the software that you installed all you have to do is just drag it to the garbage and same goes as everything else. I spend hours on how to remove the buddy from Ichat. Didn't know that all I have to do is just highlight the name and hit delete key.. this is just too cool.:)

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
xwingsct said:
Thanks guys.
Yeah, I learn a lot of new stuff as I go along. I didn't know that if you want to delete the software that you installed all you have to do is just drag it to the garbage and same goes as everything else. I spend hours on how to remove the buddy from Ichat. Didn't know that all I have to do is just highlight the name and hit delete key.. this is just too cool.:)

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to Mac! Don't worry you will get the hang of Macintosh in no time, but any questions please let us know. Many of us are "swtchers" ourselves. And we never looked back! But we all had a question or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.