Disable Bing Popups

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SteinMaster, Dec 29, 2009.

1. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

Does anyone know how to disable these stupid, irritating popups in Safari. Very stupid idea. They pop-up covering the text on the web page.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

it's not just safari; all browsers are cursed with the bing crap.
    I hate the popups myself.

3. cwatson69 macrumors newbie

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

5. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Avoid Bing in the exact same manner as you would avoid an erect STD-infected phallus symbol. (with apologies to STDs as well as phallus symbols).....

6. Mumford macrumors regular

Absolutely... If you don't like something, the most effective way to deal with it is to vote with your feet. Maybe they'll get the hint, maybe they won't. Either way it's not your problem any more.

If you absolutely must use Bing, maybe invest in some kind of javascript blocker (Firefox user, so I don't know what's available for Safari), and block any .js that comes from bing.com.

7. ale500 macrumors regular

I use Camino as Web browser. I blocks adds automatically and you can click over Flash content to specifically activate it. Very nice at blocking most ads. It would be interesting (low) if you'd let us know in which web page you see such ads... I haven't seen any for bing, but I just avoid everything ms related as the plage.

8. WANGOOROO macrumors newbie

Here is how to Disable Bing PopUps

When the popup appears, you click on the ? instead of the X to close the popup.

Then a browswer window loads. Scroll to the bottom and click the turn off link shown.

This will set a cookie for safari that will prevent these annoying Bing popups.