Disable Camcorder?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tronic, May 17, 2012.

1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

I realize that this probably doesn't appeal to the masses, but are there any Cydia packages that disable the camera/camcorder slider so that it is permanently on camera? It seems that when I need to use the camera quickly it inevitably ends up being on camcorder and I miss the shot. I've used the camcorder a handful of times for fun but its just not for me so I don't mind losing the feature in this case. Any ideas or Cydia Devs that want to take a crack at this?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

In every iDevice I own, the slider is the the last used position when the camera app is launched. If you don't use the video side, it should never launch with the slider in video position ?

Why not get a lockscreen camera hack which allows the use of the shutter button from the lockscreen ?

3. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Look into getting Snappy5 and set an activator shortcut on your lockscreen to pull camera only. This tweak/app splits camera vs. video.

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Be careful. If you end up somehow disabling your camcorder, you might end up in a situation where you really need it (UFO, police beating some guy, hot chick streaking, etc.)

I'd leave it. With that said, I sometime have the same problem. Frustrating because it's slow to switch...

5. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Yeah, I assume that I accidentally slide it to camcorder when I hit home sometimes. That or there's something fishy going on.

I really wish there were separate apps for camera and camcorder. I don't really want to deal with having another special action tied to the camera if possible. ill look into snappy5 tho for sure.

6. raychelabcdefg macrumors newbie

Best response I have ever heard.

I agree. What of you disabled it and then some time in the future you really need it?