Disable cover flow?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noobsickle, Apr 18, 2011.

1. noobsickle macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

How do you disable cover flow while still being able to view other apps (like safari) horizontally?

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

jailbreak it and install rotation inhibitor. it allows for custom reassignment of the accelerometer-based rotation, allowing you to turn off rotation within the ipod app without disturbing landscape mode in other apps like messaging and safari.

otherwise, you cannot turn off coverflow.

3. noobsickle, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

noobsickle thread starter macrumors newbie

This app is is nice, but it's not exactly what I asked for. It just always you to lock in landscape mode in addition to portrait mode. It doesn't allow me to only keep music in portrait, but still about to rotate everything else. Basically, I can't keep music locked in portrait, while browse safari in landscape.

Edit: Am I missing something here? You described exactly what I want, but I can't find how to do it. I'm using a iPod touch 4g 4.2.1 if it matters.

Also, SBSettings is required for this app, which I happen to have.