disable file installation dependancies in cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The LPT, Nov 30, 2010.

1. The LPT, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

The LPT macrumors regular

Is there a way to remove any "dependant" install files from cydia?

For example, I want to download sbsettingstoggles, but when I choose to install that, it installs sbsettings as well.

I used to be able to just download just the toggles but ever since the the new airplaine mode toggle got updated sbsettings gets downloaded with sbsettingstoggles.

If anyone is wondering why not use sbsettings? I just use the toggles with activator. Swipe left - toggle wifi, swipe right - toggle bluetooth etc.

The sbsettings app is just bloat to me.

I downloaded the deb file by itself from the bigboss website and it installs fine, but gives a message about needing other files) The toggles work correctly, but when ever I try to install something else through cydia, the dependant files try to install again.

2. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

This is a great question.

I'd love to download battery themes and apply them myself over SSH rather than be required to install winterboard...

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

You should try and download the sbsettings_toggle_pack_3.0.13.deb-file from here, preferably with SDM and then install via iFile

I take no responsibility for the file itself, file name tells me it should be the most current version though.

4. The LPT thread starter macrumors regular

i've tried that before. While it installs fine, it just that cydia recognises it and wants to automatically install sbsettings with whatever I try to install next

5. rikbrown macrumors regular

It's probable that if the developer set it to depend on SBSettings, it requires various libraries etc only provided by SBSettings.

Don't start breaking package dependencies. The *nix system administrator's nightmare.