Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
There has to be a way to do this or trick Front Row or something. I have a whole lot of .AVI's in my movies folder and when browsing this folder with FR it tries to load a preview of the movie. This causes considerable lag when trying to browse.

Anyway I can create a dummy file for artwork to load instead of the whole AVI file? I'm looking for simple to complex solutions to this one.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
There has to be a way to do this or trick Front Row or something. I have a whole lot of .AVI's in my movies folder and when browsing this folder with FR it tries to load a preview of the movie. This causes considerable lag when trying to browse.

Anyway I can create a dummy file for artwork to load instead of the whole AVI file? I'm looking for simple to complex solutions to this one.

I haven't figures out how to do it yet, but If you look here

1. Main HD>>System>>CoreServices>>FrontRow

Right click and select 'Show Contents'

You'll be able to see alot of the files that make frontrow look and do what it does.

2. Other Option, create a folder for each .avi movie, then put the actual movie in the folder. FrontRow will fly through the folder, and once you find the movie you want to watch, select that folder, and it will go to the .avi file and have to start the preview.

Best, and let me know if you find a better way.

Brian

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Yeah, I've been diggin around the Front Row Package Contents, but haven't messed around with it too much. Thats not a bad idea with the folders but yeah I'll look for a more elegant solution before I resort to that.

Perhaps I can mess with one of the .plists and find something. I'll get to that tonight perhaps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.