Disable Google Chrome fade-to-black for Full Screen video

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by daroga, May 28, 2014.

1. daroga macrumors member

hi everyone!

I just got a new 13" rMBP. Really, really liking it. Moved from a 2011 MBP; it's nice to be able to natively drive two external monitors.

One odd thing I've noticed that I don't remembering happening in my old machine. When I click "full screen" on a video, say, on YouTube in Google Chrome, both screens fade to black, pop back as they were, and then the video goes full screen.

I'm not sure if this is a Chrome thing, an OS X thing, or something else, but has anyone experienced this? Is there something I can do to stop it from happening and just putting the video to full screen right when I click the button?

Thanks!

2. jayndoodle macrumors newbie

Yes, I have this too and find it quite annoying. Started to happen about a week ago. I believe it's a chrome thing as my OS stayed the same. My chrome auto-updated and now when entering fullscreen for anything, it'll have 1/2 sec delay of black screen and when you exit, it highlights the address bar for some reason.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I believe it is a simple bug. I wonder if it will be fixed in the next update...

4. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Noticed this too. Really annoying.

I switched to Firefox but now I'm having a new issue with my computer freezing..

can't find a good browser.