Disable homebutton function for Siri?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TriJetHero, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Running Spire on my IP4

Does anyone have a hack for disabling the home-button activation of siri.

I use Multiflow with short-hold on the home-button, siri overrides that.

Activator doesn't seem to do the trick

2. jandyb macrumors newbie

Stop Siri from triggering, but keep her on.

I' so very surprised this has no responses! I figured many people would have this same request.

I too need a fix for this. I assign multifl0w (but any Activator trigger is the same) to my "Short Hold" Home Button Anywhere. However, there is no current way to tell Siri to not activate on this too. So both always trigger and Siri always wins.

Is there something in cydia, or maybe a hack (I'll go editing .plist files if I have to) to stop Siri from showing by default on the Short Hold Home Button (without disabling Siri altogether)?

Thanks for any help!

3. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

you could always use activator to assign double tap on status bar for multiflow.

I know it didnt answer your question but it's a workaround. I use double tap on status bar for switcher and single tap for simulate home button. and siriboard for an icon of Siri on springboard

4. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Multifl0w just does not work well with Siri and iOS 5.0+. I tried extensively to get activator, multiflow and Siri all working together smoothly but they never did.
    Even with Multiflow assigned to the most random activator setting, a single press on the home button would still activate siri, along with some other odd gestures.

The day I got rid of Multiflow everything went back to normal. Sucked, but it worked.

5. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336920686.228818.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336920700.658453.jpg

hmmmm another workaroud.

pls update if you find any utility using it.

6. iKrackie macrumors member

I just keep Siri off. It's more of a nuisance than it is helpful.

7. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I agree, at least for stock purposes. With cydia tweaks though I actually find it useful, such as for sports scores, language translation, etc.