Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suffa

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2013
Hi,

I must've accidentally enabled iCloud photos on my iPhone, must've been s h i t f a c e d. Anyway, I hate having all my photos available on all my devices, I don't want +10K photos on my iPhone, I want iPhone photos exclusively on my iPhone, nothing else.

When I disable iCloud photos on my phone, it warns me that basically all my photos will be deleted from my phone and kept in the cloud!? (not sure why some are kept) To my understanding, before, when you did the same, if you disabled iCloud photos, photos taken by iPhones were kept on the device.

How the hell do I get everything but my iPhone photos off of my device? I know I can make a smart-album and filter iPhone photos on my mac, move everything else off iCloud photos temporarily, turn off library on my phone and download all the pictures onto my phone storage (which should now consist only of pics taken by iPhones). But is there an easier solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.