Disable iTunes Match on iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by rileyb76, Dec 6, 2011.

1. rileyb76 macrumors member

Is there a way to totally remove itunes cloud functionality from iOS 5? I have the toggle for itunes match turned off.

Itunes match has screwed me. It has deleted alot of my most used playlists, half my music won't sync right (with Match off), album artwork is missing, the Music app is very slow to respond. etc etc.

I have killed the app, rebooted the phone, just about everything short from a restore.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

When iTunes Match is off and your music won't sync right, Unsync everything and resync. I had a problem with music not playing right and that solved it. The music app can be a little slow when it's first opened because it has to pull down all of the changes from the Match cloud. I don't see how Match deleted your playlists. Are they still in iTunes? Sometimes it takes a little longer to pull down a lot of the album artwork especially if you have a lot of music. Turning iTunes Match off on your iOS 5 devices should disable it. Once you do that go back to your computer ans resync your music the way you want it.