Disable keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rich1812, Mar 22, 2017.

1. rich1812, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017

rich1812 macrumors member

From time to time keyboard shortcuts is a conventient feature, but there are a few really drive me nut.

I have tured off ALL keyboard shortcuts in system->preference but don't seem to achive what I need.

What I need is to turn off the command-W. because when I accdentally touch it, it closes all windows in my text editor, how can I do that? I use TextWrangler 5.5.2, downloaded through Apple store.
    Thanks.

2. jerwin macrumors 65816

3. rich1812 thread starter macrumors member

The W and S key are too close so when i hit command-S to save my edit I accidentally hit W instead.

4. jerwin macrumors 65816

TextWrangler has a fairly advanced preferences window. You can chick on each short cut and change it to what you want it to be. Here, I've removed the shortcut by pressing the delete key... Note that close all windows is a separate command.
    Screen Shot 63.png

5. rich1812 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies.

I just realized that in TextWrangler Preference ->File I can turn off the pre-seletcted Close Window, Close Document... check boxes by selexting it and press the space bar. :)

Now just out of curiosity, haw can I re-assign it to another key? such command-W to command-P or even command-|, any key far away from command-S.