Disable Menubar in VMWare Fusion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by someguy, Oct 3, 2008.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Does anyone know how I can disable the menubar from appearing in VMWare Fusion while running a virtual machine in full screen mode?

I typically run Ubuntu (sometimes XP as well) in full screen mode on another virtual desktop using VMWare Fusion and Spaces, and whenever the mouse touches the top of the screen, the menubar appears. This is not a big deal in XP, but on Ubuntu I'm force to avoid contact with the very top of the screen while navigating the menus on Ubuntu's menubar.

So back to my original question, is there a way to stop the OS X menubar from appearing? By the way, I'm running Leopard and Fusion 2.0.

2. Bakey macrumors 6502

Hmmm... I know what you mean!

I don't think there is a way of disabling the Apple menu bar popping-up in Fusion! It would be nice if you could as you've switched to full-screen mode for a reason and the short cut would more than suffice for getting out of it...

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

I use Fusion in conjunction with Spaces, so if I need access to the menubar, I switch to my #1 virtual desktop and there it is. Besides, I'm usually on Ubuntu so I must tip-toe around the GNOME menubar as to not set off the OS X menubar. Very annoying.

I've read that disabling VMware Tools will do the trick, but that's kind of a sloppy work around at the expense of a few features that I happen to enjoy. There's got to be another way..