Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhantomOSX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
USA
After searching endlessly with no luck I've yet to find a way to disable dock animations or an application that can do so. Has anyone had any luck with this and with disabling shadows as well?

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Perhaps changing the minimize effect to "Scale" in the Dock preferences would help :) Give it a try.

PhantomOSX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
USA
Props to keithOrbit and DAMNiatx for attempting to be sly but as stated in the comment right above theres Onyx doesn't allow disabling of the dock minimizing and maximizing animations so it's useless for this. I'm sure Onyx is a great app, but not for the purpose being asked. MacPilot is a good suggestion but doesn't have an option for it either. :/ Any other ideas?

ewilson6

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
to disable dock animations goto system preferences-->dock-->uncheck opening animations

PhantomOSX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
USA
Thanks miles but it's not there either. I've been searching more about it but still can't find a solution. :(

cutcopypaste

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2008
seems like something there should be an option for.. especially if you've got a low end machine and you're trying to save as many system resources as possible... but i personally have no idea. i'd definitely like to know, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.