Disable networking in VMware Fusion 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aleni, Oct 16, 2008.

1. aleni macrumors 68000

Using Macbook air with only 2gb of ram makes me picky about what to run, i have vmware installed but never use the networking feature on it, is there any way to disable those running process automatically after restart?

i have looked all settings, networking is sure disabled, but still the vmware processes (as shown on the picture attachment) shown up.

any help will be appreciated, thanks!

[​IMG]

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

There's picky and then there's picky. It's only using a little over 1MB of real memory, does it really matter?

3. saMac macrumors newbie

i would agree. the Virtual Memory column can be a bit intimidating though, but it's not for real, it's virtual :rolleyes:

4. aleni thread starter macrumors 68000

yes it matters, 1mb + 1mb + another one .... means alot. lol.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I would agree too, when ALL the processes are taking just a bit over 1mb when compared to 1,000mb it's not a big deal, it'll take more effort and memory just to click each one and 'force quit' it's not worth it.

Judging from the scrollbar I think the OP has other processes to worry about killing that the vmnet ones and those are probably useing 10-100 times more mb.

6. aleni thread starter macrumors 68000

in Windows environment i was a hardcore tweaker. but in mac osx i don't really understand any of those processes that are not important.

if you can direct me into a guide for processes in mac os x that can be turned off safely i will be extremely grateful.