Disable notification center pull down

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by patent10021, Nov 13, 2014.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

I'm using a drawing app and want to use the entire canvass but sometimes the notification center comes down when my stylus hits the top center of the display.

How come there isn't an option to complete disable NC?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Unfortunately there isn't an option for that, short of a jailbreak tweak. Usually within an app before notification center actually gets pulled down a little indicator appears for it to decrease the likelihood of accidental pull downs by at least some.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

Figures. Really blows. I know many people who would love to have the option to disable it. Quite annoying when you don't use your iPad for social stuff and have zero need for NC.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's certainly quite a bit more to it than social stuff, but there are certainly people who don't care about it (and those who don't even know about it).

5. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

It can be disabled on Macs so I'm not sure why it can't be disabled on iOS.

For people who don't need it it's quite bothersome if you use apps that utilize the entire display for gestures.

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Supposedly that little tab should come up when gestures are needed. The tab can be annoying though. You can disable control center within apps, perhaps they should do the same with NC.

7. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68030

patent10021

Yes right away I disabled CC within apps so it wouldn't interfere with art brush up-swipes. Works wonderfully.

Needs to be the same setting for NC yes. Seems like such an obvious option to have.

I guess it calls for an email to Apple Feedback.

If a tree falls in the forest will anyone hear it? Unlikely.

8. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Maybe the app developer can move the top of the canvas down so it doesn't interfere?