Disable Notifications

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by davidlv, Nov 3, 2013.

1. davidlv macrumors 65816

Is it possible to completely disable notifications in 10.9?
    I tried the command line, using a command (shown below) that worked in ML, no go, still have the notification slider at the top right of the Menu bar.
    Terminal command (one line):
    sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui KeepAlive -bool false
    or
    sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui KeepAlive -boolean FALSE
    neither works.
    :confused:

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

This should work, but you need to log out / log in back, or reboot, to see the change.

FYI, I used the command a few days ago successfully, but WARNING I am no longer able to revert, as the same command with "true" at the end did not work (??).

3. macfixx macrumors newbie

Upgraded to Yosemite Beta 2 - glitch now

The notification icon on the menu bar re-appeared, but clicking it just makes the icon itself flash briefly. I am able to slide the panel from the right of my magic trackpad, but otherwise can't fix it.

Is it a bug or just the design because we messed with the terminal command? If I go back to the Mavericks partition I can reenable it to be like normal.

4. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i'm using ncbackgrounder, but...it may not work in mavericks...

i installed it in 2012, so it seems it's carried over into my move to 10.9.x.
    no notifications, no menu icon/side window.

maybe worth trying....