Disable Proactive Siri and Search Screen

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Hanterdro, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Hanterdro macrumors member

Hanterdro

Hey,

is there a way to remove the new Screen (left swipe) complete.
    I deactivated all of the the new proactive Siri features and only a search bar is left. I don't need and want that new screen. It's kind of useless like the Dashboard on OS X (for me). :) On OS X the dashboard can be hide/removed. Didn't found that option for the proactive Siri screen on iOS. Any suggestions?

2. Hanterdro thread starter macrumors member

Hanterdro

Hey, thank you for your hint. But I knew that and did that. And it was not was I meant. I want to remove the whole screen, like it was before iOS 9. To Reach spotlight via a slide down on my home screen is finde for me. I don't need that extra Spotlight screen via left slide.

3. happycadaver macrumors regular

happycadaver

That is a level of customization you can't expect from Apple. ;)

4. Hanterdro thread starter macrumors member

Hanterdro

Why? Apple is changing. I can disable Apple Music, Apple Connect, the iDrive Icon, the Prodcast Icon, frequently visited pages in safari (since iOS9, yeaaaaah!)... and much more. :)
    Why not this stupid extra screen which I don't need and want?

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Don't slide over to the screen if you don't want to use it? I'm not sure I get the complaint. It's not like you're forced to even see it, it's 100% hidden until you purposely go into it. Not trying to be rude with that.

6. f00f macrumors 65816

Well for one, the swipe right is redundant since one can also swipe down on Springboard and get the same screen. Not sure why both are necessary. Granted, the transition when swiping right seems smoother than the swipe down transition.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

One gives you all the proactive items the other doesn't, so there's a difference. Both are there to make search itself accessible from more places (and because some people would be familiar with it from one area and others might be getting familiar with it from another area, so having both as available options can satisfy both groups of people).