Disable Rotate/Accelerometer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bluefiberoptics, Jan 20, 2008.

1. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

I was wondering if there is any app out there that can disable the auto-rotate feature in Safari.

I ask this because I used to use a Palm TX and Dell Pocket PC to browse the web and read news in my bed. I usually read on my side and I cannot do this with Safari on the iPod Touch or it will rotate it and I have to hold it sideways.

If this app has not be made yet, can someone with experience create a toggle option to turn the thing on and off?

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

I have the same problem.
    I end up having the touch positioned with home button at the top, because the Touch doesnt rotate the screen when the home button at the highest point.

3. tony Ramirez macrumors member

4. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Someone should develop a rotation app, allowing for Mail and Notes to be in landscape, along with disabling it.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

MAYBE if you scan through ALL the apps in installer.app there could be something. Im honestly not sure though.

6. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

I actually did.
    Ha
    Due to this post.
    NOTHING.

7. bluefiberoptics thread starter macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

Any developer that could help us out would certainly receive my eternal gratitude. :)

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's been six months since this was posted, does anyone know whether there's a solution to this problem yet? I've installed the version 2 update on my Touch but there still doesn't seem to be any way to disable the accelerometer.

xXriderXx7: Thanks for the "home at the top" tip, it'll help in the meantime.