Disable second monitor?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by strausd, Nov 27, 2010.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

Does anybody know if it is possible to disable a second or even third monitor? Basically I want the effect of the monitor being unplugged without having to unplug it. The reason is because steam does not work well AT ALL with multiple monitors. If I play TF2 with my second monitor on and I am trying to shoot, if the cursor is on the second monitor TF2 will disappear and I will have to go to the dock to bring the game back up. The same happens with Portal and every steam game I have tried so far.

Steam also has a problem with hot corners, but I downloaded a script called lava corners that seems to do the trick by disabling them and enabling them back easily.

So does anyone know how to disable a specific monitor? If you have any other ideas that might work, please let me know!

2. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

That did the trick, thank you very much! Do you know if there is a way through this program where i can put my second monitor as the main monitor, but the cursor won't move to that monitor?

The reason is because in TF2 if my cursor goes up to where the menu bar normally is and I click, the screen will go to my desktop and I have to go back to the dock to click the icon to go back into the game, by which time I am already dead.

One idea I had is to make the other display the main display and use the wacom tablet mouse and turn on the display toggle. but then the mouse will be mapped proportionally to the screen, but I just want the cursor to stay on that screen. Any ideas?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That sounds pretty complicated. There is main display function in the app, have you tried it? You can try contacting the developer, I had to do that when I had an issue and he was very responsive.