Disable "Slide to Reply"

todd2fst4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Is there any tweak besides IntelliscreenX to disable the "slide to reply" and "slide to view" lock slider actions?
I'm having some problems with IntelliscreenX playing a double notification sound when an imessage is received so I would prefer not to use it.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Is there any tweak besides IntelliscreenX to disable the "slide to reply" and "slide to view" lock slider actions?
I'm having some problems with IntelliscreenX playing a double notification sound when an imessage is received so I would prefer not to use it.
Sorry if this sounds stupid but have you turned off the reminder in Settings > Notifications > Messages > Repeat Alert > Never?

I'm not sure how to do what you want other than with ISX.

Comment

todd2fst4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Sorry if this sounds stupid but have you turned off the reminder in Settings > Notifications > Messages > Repeat Alert > Never?

I'm not sure how to do what you want other than with ISX.
I tried that, although that is not the issue really. The SMS tone makes a stuttering sound, then plays all the way through.

Thanks anyway

Comment

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
There is a tweak on cydia called DoubleSMStoneremover. Worked for me. I never get the double SMS tone anymore.

Comment

todd2fst4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
There is a tweak on cydia called DoubleSMStoneremover. Worked for me. I never get the double SMS tone anymore.
I tried that out because it describes my problem perfectly, doesn't seem to have any effect however.

Comment

todd2fst4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Why can't you just hit the sleep button again then wake it again and it will be back at the slide to unlock?
That's rather tedious. I like the option IntelliscreenX supplies to disable this, I just don't use any of the other functions it provides. Just curious if there was another tweak to try that offered the same functionality.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.