Disable SMS auto-open unread conversation when opening app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DDustiNN, Feb 10, 2011.

1. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

When I have an unread message, and I click on the app icon to open the app, I would like it to only open to the list of conversations rather than instantly opening the unread conversation. I have looked in the options for the stock Messages app as well as biteSMS and I could not find this option anywhere.

That's how my Android worked and I like it that way, because I can see the short preview of a message without opening it. That way it's still "unread" and the notification icon reminds me to read it and respond later when I have time. Also I don't care for the popup previews, but I do use LockInfo's InfoShade (which I LOVE, btw, because it's so similar to Android's notification bar), but I would still like my apps to behave like I described above.

Is this not possible to do?? I was really surprised that biteSMS didn't have it, since there were so many options...

2. EddieLucitt macrumors newbie

As of now, this isn't possible. Hopefully Apple will include this in a future upgrade. This is also an option I would like to have, and wish there was a way to get it.

Hope this helped.

3. DDustiNN thread starter macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Not the answer I was looking for, of course, but helpful nonetheless. Thanks.

I'm surprised that even a 3rd-party app like biteSMS can't get around it though...

4. crn macrumors newbie

You could use spotlight search to find a conversation already opened and then go back to your messages, but you'd have to do that every time.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Actually, looks like this was actually/finally implemented as described in the original post in iOS 7.