iPhone disable the app switcher?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fisherking, May 19, 2013.

1. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i NEVER use it. can i disable it (with a tweak perhaps?)? thanx...

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

On my ipod touch 2nd gen (iOS 4.1), a while back, I enabled multitasking via this method: http://www.mydigitallife.info/enable-multitasking-on-iphone-3g-and-ipod-touch-2g-on-firmware-os-4-0/

You can try using this method to see if it disables multitasking. make a backup of the plist though just in case. Be advised that editing .plist files can be scary, it may mess up the device and force a restore so I would NOT recommend doing this method unless it's known for sure to work

I'm not sure if there's a tweak to disable multitasking bar though, never thought about disabling it

edit: looks like it doesn't work http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15163612#post15163612. It looks like Springtomize 2 may have the feature to disable multitasking

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Maybe springtomize can disable it?? I'm not sure. Been a while since I've used springtomize.

4. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

been googling this, and...think i'm gonna just leave it. simple enough to NOT double-click the home button (and ultimately, the app switcher is there IF i ever want it).

thank u.

5. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

The app switcher can be disabled with activator (or at least prevent it from showing). Just set the home button to 'do nothing' when double-clicked on the home screen or in apps. Or assign any other action to it.

6. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

LOL now that i made peace with NOT turning it off...i read this. anyway, works, so thank u!

7. jamjoy macrumors newbie

yeah,i think so,when double-clicked on the home screen or in apps. Or assign any other action to it. [​IMG]

8. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

disabled the app switcher from the home page, but it's active when i'm in an app...makes sense (to me...). activator, great idea of course!