Disable voice control over bluetooth on iOS 4.x?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Johnny Quest, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Johnny Quest macrumors newbie

Since updating my iPhone 3GS to iOS 4.2.1 about a week ago I've been having some issues with with voice control over bluetooth in my car.

Back when I was on iOS 3.1.2 voice controls didn't work over my car's bluetooth, which meant I had to speak up a little to talk into the iPhone's microphone on my dash, but bluetooth still worked for calls so I was fine with that. Now with iOS 4.2.1, the phone attempts to switch to my car's bluetooth microphone when I activate voice controls, which would be great, expect that there seems to be a serious conflict when I'm playing music through my car adaptor. Basically, the bluetooth and the car adapter seem to duke it out and switch back and forth every couple of seconds when I activate voice controls, and voice commands don't work.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any jailbreak app solution that would disable voice control over my car's bluetooth and return things to how they were in iOS 3.x when only the phone calls themselves went through my car's bluetooth.

2. Johnny Quest thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn, this forum moves fast. I guess no one else has had this problem then? Granted the car adapter I'm holding onto was designed for the iPod back before the iPhone even came out, so maybe I should be glad my setup is still working at all. But it was expensive and was an aftermarket install directly to my car's sound system, so I don't want to have to upgrade.

Haven't been able to find anything in Cydia to do what I need; maybe there's a forum somewhere for people more focused on writing code and creating jailbreak apps that could set me in the right direction on this?

3. erugar macrumors newbie

I have the same problem...it's very frustrating. Partially to blame is the crappy bluetooth implementation on my 2009 Acura TSX. On the newer loaners I've had, the car automatically picks up when you activate Voice Control so it still works, just through the car instead of the handset. Then I get back in my car and back to the frustration! I wish there was an option to either have VC work over bluetooth or not.