Disable "wake screen from mouse"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by airjuggernaut, Feb 28, 2009.

1. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

I have a problem that's been angering me quite a lot lately.

Occasionally I have to leave my iMac on overnight to download/render/upload something while I'm sleeping. So I simply decide to sleep the display.

Now, what angers me is that since I have a high DPI mouse, any movement made on my floor is picked up by it, and it wakes the display.

This obviously is very annoying, as the iMac's screen is extremely bright, and pretty much right next to my bed.

Is there any terminal command or program that can stop the iMac from waking the Display if the mouse is moved?

Thanks!

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well I am not familiar with a program for that use (maybe somebody will know though) but I just wondered if you have just considered unplugging the mouse instead in the meanwhile? Since it plugs into the keyboard it should be easy enough to access it and avoid the problem.

3. airjuggernaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, I'm not using the MightyMouse.

I'm using a Razer Pro|Click.

I was hoping for a software solution though, as going to the back of my computer, fishing for the USB hub, and then unplugging it from the hub each time seems laborious and unneeded.

It's odd though, the mouse ONLY wakes up from these slight movements on Mac OSX, i've yet to notice it with Vista.

4. finnschi macrumors 6502

turn the mouse upside down oO

5. airjuggernaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

You sir, are a genius :D

Why the heck didn't I think of that !

Thank you so much!