Disable WhatsApp Vibrate notifications

aaron5566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Hey guys, is it possible to disable vibration for WhatsApp notifications? I mean when you are not in the app.

I just would like sound notifications. The vibration makes me jump every time I receive anything. If it is not possible to disable vibration, can I at least set a custom vibration pattern?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hey guys, is it possible to disable vibration for WhatsApp notifications? I mean when you are not in the app.

I just would like sound notifications. The vibration makes me jump every time I receive anything. If it is not possible to disable vibration, can I at least set a custom vibration pattern?
Are you looking for a way to disable vibration notifications only for WhatsApp or all apps, given that this is generally linked to global iOS "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on Silent" settings in Settings > Sounds & Haptics?

aaron5566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Are you looking for a way to disable vibration notifications only for WhatsApp or all apps, given that this is generally linked to global iOS "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on Silent" settings in Settings > Sounds & Haptics?
I'm looking to disable vibration for WhatsApp only.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

WhatsApp > Settings > In-App Notifications > Vibrate > (off)
If that doesn't do it, make sure Settings > Sounds > Vibrate on Silent is off.

aaron5566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
WhatsApp > Settings > In-App Notifications > Vibrate > off doesn't do it?
That is for vibrations within the app. I also want to disable vibrations from notification when my phone is locked or when I'm in another app. I swear WhatsApp used to have a custom vibration setting.