Disabled fonts in Font Book not disabled

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Anogenic, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Anogenic macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've sorted all my fonts into collections in Font Book 1, but when I disable a collection nothing changes :confused:, all the fonts still run perfectly and clog up my system.

Thanks for any help!

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Two possible things. There might be more than one copy of the fonts or, if you are using Microsoft products, Office keeps its own font collection that you can't disable through Font Book.

3. Anogenic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. But no, all my fonts are in the user/library/fonts folder and none are duplicated. And I'm not using microsoft products...:confused:

4. raizzair macrumors newbie

There are multiple font folders in OSX. Check to see if you have fonts in these other folders. Also be careful that you don't remove fonts that the system uses.

Library -> Fonts
    System -> Library -> Fonts
    User -> (username) -> Library -> Fonts

I would also recommend using a font program such as Linotype FontExplorer X. It is a free font management program and is a lot better than using Font Book. Hope this helps.

5. Anogenic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, but still not working, no duplicates anywhere!

And I tried FontExplorer yesterday and it makes my whole system go bonkers, most applications were crashing (even the calculator:eek:) after I installed it, so I got rid of that asap!