Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
I had put a pass-code in to my ipad last night and i cant remember it now, have tried everything i know..and now its disabled. The problem is it has a lot of photos of my 2yr son and i dont want to loose them at any cost, the biggest problem is i have never sync it with my laptop.
I dont mind loosing everything else but the videos and photos.
Is there anyway i can get them?..it now says to connect to itunes..I need someones else help..
At any cost i want the photos and videos of my son, PLS HELP ME:(

Shaaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Only one way. Remember the passcode. Else nada.

Why on Earth would you put a passcode on it and promptly forget it?

but how can i enter the passcode now?..even if i remember..
i seriously dont know why i had done it?..i thought i did not put it last night...but when i woke up this morning i had and i cant recall what i had put..

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Did you take the pictures with your iPad? Do have an iPhone?

I'm asking because if you have enabled Photostream they should be on both devices.

Also, do you have a PC or Mac?

I know that when I plug my iPhone into my PC there is a popup that allows me to copy pictures from my phone without using iTunes.

Hope you find a solution. :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Same thing happened to another poster two or three years ago, I believe on an iPhone, and even though they went to the Genius Bar, they couldn't recover the pictures. I'm very sorry about those pictures, but you really should have backed up to iCloud -- it's free, it's easy to set up, and it would have allowed you to recover your pictures.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Then a DFU restore is your only option. You could try making a Genius appointment at an Apple Store. They won't be able to recover anything on it but can wipe it for you.

The passcode feature works. It would be pointless if there were ways to avoid it.

Shaaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Then a DFU restore is your only option. You could try making a Genius appointment at an Apple Store. They won't be able to recover anything on it but can wipe it for you.

The passcode feature works. It would be pointless if there were ways to avoid it.

SO all my photos gone down the drain!!!!:(:(:(:(

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
SO all my photos gone down the drain!!!!:(:(:(:(

Yes, what possessed you to put a passcode on it?
What did you think would happen if you forgot it and don't bother to back it up?

Lets view this from another angle. Someone steals your iPad, you have personal info on it and were wise enough to put a passcode on it. Would you be happy if they could get at your personal stuff?

Shaaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Yes, what possessed you to put a passcode on it?
What did you think would happen if you forgot it and don't bother to back it up?

Lets view this from another angle. Someone steals your iPad, you have personal info on it and were wise enough to put a passcode on it. Would you be happy if they could get at your personal stuff?

i seriously dont know why i did that last night..i remember putting it and then changing it..

i know what i have done is very stupid and i am loosing a lot of my child's memories..

the only thing i have in it is the photos and videos..and its all i want

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.