Resolved Disabled @me.com usable again with iCloud?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by C64, Oct 11, 2011.

1. C64, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

C64 macrumors 65816

C64

I'm reading: http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html
    So.. what about a disabled @me.com account? I used MobileMe for a while, but not recently, and so it was disabled. I was still able to log in though and renew the subscription, until iCloud was introduced.

So what happens when iCloud launches? Will the disabled account just be lost, or will I be able to use it again?

Also, no help here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4440.

Edit:

Solved: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13575830&postcount=2

2. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I'm curious about the same thing. I had my mac.com and me.com email addresses from day one. I refused to pay $99 to renew one day before the June 6th date when icloud was announced, so I canceled my account. I had that email address for eight or nine years, I would like to continue to use it. When I tried to log into the icloud site, it tells me I need to transfer the account from mobileme to icloud. When I try to do that it tells me that my account is no longer active but can be used for other Apple services. Like what? Hopefully icloud. I hate how this whole thing was handled.

3. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I was just told this by a apple service rep:

"I know you're excited to move to iCloud, we're all excited about it, too! You will be able to use your MobileMe address as the iCloud sign-up AppleID, you just won't be able to use it to receive e-mail at. Does that make sense?"

So the email address I had for years from me.com will no longer work for email although I can log into icloud with it. Great. That is not what I was told when I canceled my mobileme account.

4. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I just had another chat session and this guy said that I can reactivate my expired me.com email address, but I have to wait until icloud really goes live with ios5 and 10.7.2. I asked him if I could quote him on this and he said yes. We'll see what really happens.

5. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

What you have been told is not correct. I reactivated an old expired AppleId with a me.com suffix and it is able to send and receive email.

6. jackrv macrumors 6502

I am in the exact same boat.

7. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

Yeah, see my other post? I talked to a different guy this morning and he told me I could use my old me.com address and it would work with email. How did you manage to transfer yours? If I log in to icloud it tells me to transfer the account to icloud, and it sends me to the mobileme site. When I log in there it says my account is canceled and I can't renew it on MobileMe but it will be available for other Apple services. Then I can't do anything.

8. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I was able to transfer my deactivated MobileMe account to icloud. I would like to talk to the rep I chatted with last night. He was asking me where I heard I could still use my canceled account, and was actually pretty rude about the whole situation. He acted like that was the way it was and I had to accept it. Well, he was actually wrong, and I am in desperate need of a good "I told you so". What is with all the misinformation when it comes to situations like this?

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

----------

How were you able to transfer the account?

10. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I still had IOS4 on my phone. I went in to add a new MobileMe account and logged in with my old account and password. It loaded and set up find my iphone. Then I went to the icloud website and logged in with my @me.com address and password. Now I am updating to IOS5 and 10.7.2

11. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

My deactivated account works again, although I have lost all my previous emails on MobileMe and Calendar data and everything else that was there.

I can't login to the web interface but I can send and receive email via the Mail App. Seems like you can, hopefully it works.

12. hassr, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

hassr macrumors newbie

I was able to enable my expired account by using iOS5. I could not migrate the account through the MobileMe webpage because it said my account had expired.

My @mac.com email account will not receive mail since the account was transferred to icloud.

When a message is sent from the account's webmail the .mac.com address can be used. When a message is sent to the .mac.com address, the message is rejected by the mac.com server with a message from postmaster@mac.com

When a message with from the @mac.com address is sent from ios5 the server rejects the message and an iOS error message is displayed.