iPhone 7(+) Disabled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Claire85, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Claire85 macrumors newbie

Hi
    My son disabled my iPhone. I have restored it on iTunes on recovery mode. I have lost all my recent notes 2017 to now . I have paid a software to recover them but have no luck.
    I haven’t back up since 2016 . I find that strange but never mind.

So have I lost my notes forever and there is no way getting them back?

2. Shadow Jolteon, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

Shadow Jolteon macrumors regular

Shadow Jolteon

Unfortunately, if your notes were not either saved to an online account (iCloud, Google, etc.), backed up using iTunes or iCloud, or copied somewhere else, they were probably stored only on the phone itself and are likely gone for good.

If you think you may have been logged into one of those services, you may want to try signing into them through Settings » Accounts & Passwords » Add Account, verify the notes option is turned on, then view the Notes application again to see if anything synced up.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am afraid if not backed up, it is gone.

Lesson learned.

4. JPack macrumors 68000

JPack

Should be self-explanatory.

5. Claire85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok when you recover your data and you save it onto your laptop how do you put it back on your phone?

6. Shadow Jolteon macrumors regular

Shadow Jolteon

From iTunes? You will plug your phone into your computer, then open iTunes if it doesn't open automatically.

If you see a screen saying "Welcome to your new iPhone", choose the "Restore from this backup:" option, then select a backup from the dropdown menu beside it, then click continue to restore the backup.

If you just see your normal iTunes window, click the phone icon at the top left, then click the "Restore Backup..." button and follow the steps to restore a backup.

Note that you will lose any data currently on the phone if you restore the backup, so if you have anything you need on it, make sure to save it elsewhere before restoring.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Did you ever back you iPhone up using iTunes?